First Snowfall
After an unseasonably warm December into early January, we've finally received what all the Midwesterners have been complaining about not seeing: SNOW. From what I can tell, it's a bit more than a dusting (1-3 inches) but not enough to cease operations in the city. And here I was hopeful that with the weather warm and nice enough earlier these last two weeks to actually WANT to sit outside and soak up a bit of Vitamin D, I might make it out of the city on my trip before seeing snow. Didn't quite happen.This week has been incredibly long and taxing with the return of our student staff, training, and the prep of our buildings for Opening. I love my students and am incredibly happy to have them back but had grown accustomed in the few weeks since they left of working quietly and leaving everyday at 5pm. How quickly our schedules can change!
Packing for those of you wondering how the Thailand prep is going is, well, not. I've only laid out a few pairs of shorts (for the 90 degree heat) and my passport. Much to do between now and my airport ride Saturday morning at 5:45am. I have not checked the forecasts to see if it will continue to snow the remainder of the week but my hope is it isn't enough to delay my flight out of Chicago into Tokyo. Hope for me too.
Not sure if I will have time to post again so it may be a couple weeks before you see some action here. Stay warm out there folks! Happy winter.
Cheers.
Comments