Weekend Edition

In many ways, I had high hopes for productivity this weekend. My to-do list before I embark for Thailand next weekend is growing by the millisecond and I had hoped to cross several of the items off my list before the sun sets Sunday evening. Among them includes a trip to REI and the mall, stocking up on travel toiletries at Target, collecting a few items my sister requested, learning to operate my new camera, finishing my book so I can return it to the library, watch The Tree of Life on Netflix and the list goes on and on. Luckily, the day is young and I am hoping a lack of progress Friday and Saturday will make for a busy and productive day. We shall see.

So how did I spend the weekend? Doing a lot of something and nothing all at the same time. Friday night I visited the gym after work, cooked dinner, and ended up going over to a friend's house to catch up since we hadn't seen each other since before Thanksgiving. I woke Saturday to complete 4 loads of laundry, did a bout of cleaning, saw MI4: Ghost Protocol, checked out a local brewery (Urban Chestnut) for drinks and was home in time to catch the Saints game.

And here I sit with my freshly brewed pot of Community coffee, my sheets drowning in the washer, and Tree of Life keeping me company. I'm looking forward to a great Sunday!

Cheers.

Comments

Popular Posts