Frenzy.

I think it had something to do with coming home from Thailand. Not that I wasn't able to get fully caught up on emails in a little less than 3 days...a major feat considering I was gone for two weeks. But I think it was all the projects I normally throw myself into accomplishing when I'm not doing the day to day that crept up on me since I've returned. And that is why I have found myself most days (since I've been back) working incredibly long hours. I'll be up and at 'em working by 8, will normally go until 5-6, take a break to hit the gym and grab/cook dinner, and then will be back at it by 8 or so for another couple hours. It's becoming unhealthy. I think folks call it a "work-aholic." Gross.

I am also finding myself unhealthily always checking my email. Because they come to my phone. So when I wake in the morning, I do a quick scan of my work and personal email. Catch the headlines of both so to speak. And when I "lay me down to sleep," I do the same thing. And about a bajllion other times throughout the day. How can I become more "unplugged"? It drove me crazy when I was in Thailand and couldn't be on facebook, twitter, emails all day long and now that I am back in that mode, it's driving me bonkers. BONKERS. I've gotta find a balance to it all. Must. find. balance.

The world will keep on spinning. Nothing I can do to change that. So I need to change my frenzy. I need to stop spinning my own wheels in overdrive in an effort to keep the world spinning. So if I seem a bit distracted, a bit out of it, a bit too tightly wound, tell me to cool out. Take a breather. A chill pill. It's what I would tell myself if I listened to myself...

Cheers.

Comments

Popular Posts