keep moving forward.
“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
- Walt Disney
- Walt Disney
I just finished watching Disney's Meet the Robinsons. If you haven't seen it, it's mindless and entertaining and like all things Disney, well done. The mantra within the movie is "keep moving forward" and the film ends with the above quote by Walt Disney himself. Now before you start to think to yourself, "oh great. Here goes Brad again looking too deep into something blah blah blah..." can it. I just thought it was a fitting phrase for the moment.
Three cases in point:
1. I'm reading Wicked and after purchasing it in the fall and barely being able to get through the first 30 pages, I figured the book had to get better (the musical is FRIGGIN AWESOME) so I packed it for Spring Break. I struggled through the next 70 pages or so but am finally on page 200 and am wrapped up in the story. I refused to throw in the towel with the book and I'm glad I didn't. I only wish I had read that far yesterday morning when the woman sitting next to me on the plane commented she couldn't get through it and was disappointed by it. She happened to be a very lovely lady and we talked for 2.5 hours about Broadway shows, Florida, Austin, food, mac vs. pc, higher education, and more Broadway shows. If only I could have encouraged her to give Wicked a second go round.
2. I am in a running funk. The half marathon is circa 6 weeks away and rather than picking up momentum, I'm slowing down. I've struggled to complete my last three runs (a 6.5 miler and two 5 milers) and I'm feeling disenchanted about being able to run the half marathon and being unable to muster any excitement to do it. So I need to keep moving forward...
3. The end of Spring Break marks the second half of my second semester in graduate school. I'm feeling unmotivated to study or do hardly anything academic and after leaving for Spring Break with such a bad taste in my mouth about how things were playing out, I don't quite think I'm ready for the next round. But I don't have another option so again, keep moving forward...
So there...I guess that about sums it all up. I'm hoping the weather is gorgeous again tomorrow and I can sit outside and spend the afternoon reading. We'll see...
Be well. Cheers.
Three cases in point:
1. I'm reading Wicked and after purchasing it in the fall and barely being able to get through the first 30 pages, I figured the book had to get better (the musical is FRIGGIN AWESOME) so I packed it for Spring Break. I struggled through the next 70 pages or so but am finally on page 200 and am wrapped up in the story. I refused to throw in the towel with the book and I'm glad I didn't. I only wish I had read that far yesterday morning when the woman sitting next to me on the plane commented she couldn't get through it and was disappointed by it. She happened to be a very lovely lady and we talked for 2.5 hours about Broadway shows, Florida, Austin, food, mac vs. pc, higher education, and more Broadway shows. If only I could have encouraged her to give Wicked a second go round.
2. I am in a running funk. The half marathon is circa 6 weeks away and rather than picking up momentum, I'm slowing down. I've struggled to complete my last three runs (a 6.5 miler and two 5 milers) and I'm feeling disenchanted about being able to run the half marathon and being unable to muster any excitement to do it. So I need to keep moving forward...
3. The end of Spring Break marks the second half of my second semester in graduate school. I'm feeling unmotivated to study or do hardly anything academic and after leaving for Spring Break with such a bad taste in my mouth about how things were playing out, I don't quite think I'm ready for the next round. But I don't have another option so again, keep moving forward...
So there...I guess that about sums it all up. I'm hoping the weather is gorgeous again tomorrow and I can sit outside and spend the afternoon reading. We'll see...
Be well. Cheers.
Comments