August.
August is up there among my favorite months. For one, the month signifies a number of birthdays that are important to me. I was born in August, my grandfather, my mother, my best friend, and one of my best friends from college. Second, August has always signaled a new beginning. For many, the new year begins in January. But for those of us living in the academic world, the new year begins in August. It's the beginning of a new academic year, new goals, new programs. It marks the return of the student body, the soul that fills a campus and keeps it thriving, and for me, the start of my second (and final) year in my master's program.
So with all of that, the to-do list for August is growing, rapidly. I can cross off ordering my textbooks and paying my school fees (shudder.) I bought some notebooks and folders yesterday to take advantage of tax free weekend. I even have my new calendar for the academic year. The only thing left on my personal to-do list between now and the beginning of classes (two weeks from tomorrow) is to kick back, relax, and take a mini family vacation to Trillium, NC. And hopefully get in some pool time.
Buckle your seat belts boys and girls. A new year (academically speaking) is upon us and if this past year was any indication, I have a feeling it could be a bumpy ride.
Cheers.

So with all of that, the to-do list for August is growing, rapidly. I can cross off ordering my textbooks and paying my school fees (shudder.) I bought some notebooks and folders yesterday to take advantage of tax free weekend. I even have my new calendar for the academic year. The only thing left on my personal to-do list between now and the beginning of classes (two weeks from tomorrow) is to kick back, relax, and take a mini family vacation to Trillium, NC. And hopefully get in some pool time.
Buckle your seat belts boys and girls. A new year (academically speaking) is upon us and if this past year was any indication, I have a feeling it could be a bumpy ride.
Cheers.
Comments