Indecision.

I've decided one of my (many) faults is indecision. And frugality. It's getting ridiculous. I have champagne tastes. I acknowledge that. I also have a natural light budget. I've accepted that one too. And yet somehow, when you throw all of those things together into one big mixing pot and stir, the result is a guy full of "I want, I want, I want," with some more realistic, "I don't need, I don't need, I don't need" and what you end up with is, indecision.

For the past year or so, I've wanted to purchase an iphone, a bicycle, and a new camera, and most recently, with anticipation of fall, some new blazers. Now logically, I cannot go out and buy all of these items without doing some dipping and well, everyone is all to familiar with the phrase, "No diving in the shallow end."

But it's August and that means my birthday is right around the corner. Mix that with my security deposit from 275 Arch I'm anticipating and that allows me to go out and get the camera if I want, or the iphone, or the bike, or even the blazers, or perhaps some combo of the group. And yet, I find myself trying to justify why I don't need any of those things. I need to throw "need" out the window and just go for it.

The problem is, I have terrible buyer's remorse. Exhibit A: my mac. Exhibit B: the tv. I love them now but when I was shelling out the dough for them, I felt weak in the knees. I'm not sure who I inhabited this from but I know it wasn't my parents, or my brother who is now on his fourth errr, fifth new cell phone in under 2 years?

So for now, I'm going to spend the next two weeks leading up to my birthday trying to decide which of those things I want the most. And then, I'm gonna brace myself and go for it.

Comments

Popular Posts