Extra! Extra! Read all about it.

For my Interpersonal II class, we were charged with creating a career life-line metaphor to explain how we've gotten to this point, the key players, people, and events, and where we are headed in the future. In years past, some have chosen to use logos, make quilts, football stadiums out of laundry baskets, paper mache peanuts, menus, etc. I decided to use a magazine. Although I'm not quite sure that my life is always as glamorous as a magazine, I liked the idea of a magazine having a central theme but each issue delving into different aspects, having different contributors each week/month etc. and so forth. I chose "People" because I feel that my career path has always centered on wanting to help others and be in an engaging career where I was given the opportunity to work a lot with people. I have to give props to DP for working on the cover for me. I'm excited to see how it turns out. The magazine has a Contributors page where I pay homage to my parents, mentors, and colleagues who have helped me on this journey, a Travel, Entertainment, and Education section, a Scoop section on my future goals, and even an advertisement highlighting some of my hobbies. I'm taking it to FedEx Office (formerly FedEx Kinko's formerly Kinko's) to have them put it together. I'm hoping it turns out well.

Cheers.

Comments

LB said…
Um hello, what about props to LB for helping you flesh out your idea? Pshhh. Nice girls finish last.
p.s. Can't wait to hear how it turned out :)

Popular Posts